Location: San Rafael, CA USA
Compensation: Contact us
Benefits Offered: 401K, Medical
Employment Type: Full-Time
Summary:The Automation Engineer troubleshoots, provides change control, designs control systems, writes validation documents and manages customer projects from beginning to end.
- Peer review and approval of designs, quotes, drawings and other project‐related documents.
- Perform panel layout and design with attention to routing and separation of dissimilar voltages and signal types.
- Maintain project BOM’s and documentation.
- Ensure conformance to UL 508 requirements for Industrial Control Panels, NFPA 70 National Electrical Code, and Company Quality procedures. When required, ensure that conformance to UL 698A requirements for Industrial Control Panels Relating to Hazardous Locations is followed.
- Perform field installation and startup work within POA and licensing limitations.
- Commission and troubleshoot automated processes.
- Train customer personnel on controls operation.
- Use MS Word, Excel and other software packages as necessary to author, review and revise controls and validation documentation.
- Author, Review and/or approve functional specifications (FS) as needed.
- Author, Review and/or approve and execute Acceptance Tests (FAT/SAT).
- Record and compile data and verification using electronic signatures and file storage as well as using Good Documentation Practices for the proper documentation/verification of all work performed.
- Follow Company and Customer Safety SOP’s to ensure safety of activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field or; equivalent directly related combination of education
and business experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with implementing control system projects.